lichess.org
Donate

Anyone know why my tactics level is so low?

@achja

of course because of the tournaments what else ( where is the difference between sandbaggind and this? to me your ELO is artificially raised - but within the rules )

dont lie to yourself...chess is not fun and never had been ( the same as heroin is not fun )- it is just an addiction, where one can realise his ideas pretty fast and there the pleasure lies. But maybe I just perceive the word "fun" differently than yourself.
I understand it can be a fun if you play so much lower oponnents.
To me chess is just a fight. I lose I am not satisfied. I win I am.
@JanTouchTheSun

no it is not. while chess satisfies needs that are part of the human nature. Heroin just messes with the human body.
Wow 2000 in bullet. I'm surprised you struggle to have higher tactic rating. Tactic around 2000 is a piece of cake here.
@Zara90it is an addiction you are just not aware of it yet:)
Do you know why so many chess players play poker?
human nature - love, peace, hate, fight, eating, using toilet. I can imagine really a lot of things.

For those who think it is joy, they were not enough beaten because they play week oponents. That feeling when you play a slightly worse player ( according to ELO ), and they have a better position. Do you call this joy? Of course I know that not. So dont lie to yourself.
@JanTouchTheSun #12

Thanks for expressing your opinion. I appreciate that.
The atmosphere is however getting a bit unfriendly is my impression.
I am sorry to hear that you refuse to believe that I or others cannot have fun in chess.

I can have fun in chess, by reading chess books, sharing anecdotes with friends, watching GMs in an otb tourney, having seen chess legends like Miles, Bronstein and Tal in real life, giving chess training, doing analysis sessions, writing chess articles etc.

I can see the beauty in chess in my won, drawn or lost chess games.

I have no need to "crush ego" like Bobby Fischer apparently once said.

Chess is for me also a nice way to communicate with the rest of the world, no matter what color skin, country, gender the other person is. A way to unite in this chaos divided human world.
I am talking about playing of course. Sharing anecdotes, writing articles is not really playing you might agree with this.
Using chess as a communication is like using fists.
Talking about chess players, openings etc. however can be a different thing. Do you really feel joy during the game that is the most important question. I dont.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.