lichess.org
Donate

[Suggestion] Allow Immediate Win/Draw Claim When Opponent Leaves the Game and Starts Another

Hello,

It has come to my attention during a game that I played earlier today that an opponent left a timed game and began another timed game instead of finishing. I found it odd that I had to wait to claim victory in the game despite the fact that it was clear that my opponent had no intent to return.

I would like to suggest that in the case that a player leaves a timed game and begins another, the prompt to call a draw or claim victory should immediately appear, rather than forcing a player to wait.
You can't start a game without finishing the previous one. Try it.
I've done this myself several times when I've had opponents who let their clock run down in face of a forced mate... I just start a new game in the meantime. Lichess has never blocked me from doing this. Has this been changed recently or why are you saying it's not possible? @thibault

EDIT: I just tried it out again. I had this game running lichess.org/LwkysROorOBk where the opponent stopped moving, so I started this new game lichess.org/bZopg59TdIxs in a new tab. No hiccups whatsoever, both games ran simultaneously.
Right, I know that message too. I think the difference is just whether you start the new game in a new tab or not. When I start it in a new tab, I never get this message.
I tried that for a test/experiment and now I am playing against to 2 players.
Wish me good luck. One is in a tournament and other is a challenge.
PS. I don't like the suggestion though. Sometimes, I have wifi problems.
Yeah, opponents have played me, stopped playing and started another while their time was running out against me too. It's annoying - I agree with @doom12384
You can play & seek for multiple games as long as it isnt your turn in the first match, when you start the new game.
Exactly. I can't prevent people from creating a new game when it's not their turn in the current one.

Or else we couldn't start another game when our opponent is stalling.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.