lichess.org
Donate

Lichess, please!!! 0+0,5 seconds mode

I'm wrong in the name of this thread. Now I actually talk about 0,5(30 sec)+0.
I don't care about 0+0.5 anymore. So, let's forget about 0+0.5 .)))
BUt in 30sec+0 it's quite ok with ping. What do you think, mCoombes314?
I play 1+0 an awful lot, and occasionally (when I feel like giving myself RSI) play 0+1. Whilst there may be some legitimacy in 30+0 and .5+0, I don't know what that legitimacy is.

Playing chess at 180+0 is a very different game from chess at 18+0. Chess at 5+0 is very different to 18+0, and so on. At 1+0, or "bullet", you have enough time to make semi-meaningful moves, but at the level we play at, never the optimal moves consistenly.

I haven't reviewed your games, but you come across as somebody who is very good at premoving. I think you probably play unsafe tactics to make the opponent lose some time, and don't care about whether you have made a strong move. You probably chose complication over simplification without calculating and just hoping.

I made a promise to myself to expand into blitz territory, and slow down a bit (after at a recent tournament of 75+0 I would finish with 73 minutes left and my opponents would only have 3 or 4 minutes. Still got 3.5/5 though), and I do have to say, up to about 20+0, chess is more interesting at those speeds (really will have to train myself to enjoy things like 15+10...)
"I think you probably play unsafe tactics to make the opponent lose some time, and don't care about whether you have made a strong move". Yes, Cynosure, it's true.
Actually, the reason, why I want 0.5+0 is that I want to train my reaction.
So fast chess is perfect for that. But it could be any game, where:
a lot of variants in one time; you need to think and react very fast. I don't know what games could it be. (and better if there would be real opponent). Because I need this training for improving my art skills ----> today art is more complicated and you need to operate fast with many things.
That's my real need. So may be you know some games, that would be better for this than hyper-bullet?
I don't think chess is the game for you. Have you tried quake? It's really good.
Yes, I tried also Doom, Oblivion, and so on. It's quite strange to hear this from somebody, whose bullet elo rating (we now talk about bullet) is lower than mine. How can you know what is for me? Taking also into account, that I have been playing chess since 5 years.
Bullet isn't the same game as longer chess. It's a fun diversion, but it ruins your conventional chess.
I think, you are right. But this topic is not about conventional chess, but about bullet.
Even hyper-bullet :)

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.